JOINING THE VIDEO CONFERENCE
- Click on the provided meeting link to join.
- Open the link in the appropriate app if the software client is already installed. If you do not have the software installed, you will be prompted to download and run a web client.
- If you wish to dial in by phone, use the provided conference phone number and enter the Access Code or Conference ID in your conference invite.
PRIOR TO THE VIDEO CONFERENCE
- Conduct a test run several days before the video conference and report any issues to Technical Services.
- Ensure that your background is appropriate.
- Create a backup communication plan, such as conducting the proceeding via telephone, in case there is an issue with the video conference.
- Choose a quiet room.
- Turn off all phones such as desk phone, mobile devices, fax lines, etc.
- Turn off / disconnect any Smart / Internet of Things (IoT) devices that can listen in to your meetings/calls. (i.e., Alexa / Google / Siri devices, Apple HomePod, Echo Dot, Google Home, Google Nest, etc.)
- Join the video conference several minutes before the start time.
- Use a wired connection for the best video conferencing experience. Connect a network cable from your internet router to your docking station or laptop to provide a steady connection.
- If using a laptop, plug into a power outlet for the best video quality.
- Ensure that you have a camera, microphone, and headphones or speakers. Headphones prevent audio feedback and echoing. Most modern laptops and desktops have a built-in headphone jack, microphone, and speakers.
- Refrain from using your shared internet services during the proceeding (i.e., streaming devices, Roku, Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
- Exit out of applications or files that you are not using.
- Exit out of apps that can call you or that are competing for the microphone or speakers. You may relaunch these applications once your video conference has ended.
DURING THE VIDEO CONFERENCE
- Ensure that you honor and preserve the dignity of the Court at all times.
- Use a landline or cellphone for Court proceedings that use AT&T Services.
- Ensure that the location lighting does not limit a participant’s visibility, such as backlighting from a window or lamp.
- Ensure all participants can see and hear each other.
- Ensure that participants have equal access to all shared content.
- Mute your microphone until you are ready to speak.
AFTER THE VIDEO CONFERENCE
- Use the “End Call” button to exit at the end of every meeting to free up computer resources for your next call or work task.
If you have any questions, please contact the Case Manager assigned to the presiding judge in your case.